Card view moving lanes around

Lara Lehnerz
Lara Lehnerz ✭✭✭✭
edited 07/18/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

It has been brought to my attention that a user of my sheet, they have 'editor-cannot share' permissions as well of course a license. This user created her own filter in the sheet and using the card view she is unable to move the lanes around. Why is that? I being the owner of the sheet moved the lanes around for her and it worked, but I would suspect that anyone that is shared with the sheet and create their own filters, should be able to move the lanes around themselves.

I thank you in advance for a response and hopefully the trick to get this to work for my fellow team members.

Lara Lehnerz

Answers

• Hi @Lara Lehnerz

When you say "move lanes", do you mean move a card from one lane to another?

Each lane is a dropdown choice in the grid of the sheet. This means that as long as the column is unlocked, a shared user with Editor permissions should be able to adjust what dropdown value is associated with that row, or move that card from one lane to another.

However if you are talking about moving the actual Lane Order in your Card View, this would be classified as "re-structuring" the sheet (similar to re-ordering columns in a Grid) meaning your collaborator would need to have at least Admin permissions to make this adjustment. This is because it would change the order of the lanes for everyone in the sheet (whereas a filter is specific per-person).

See the section that says "Reorder lanes" in this Help Article: Work with card view lanes

Let me know if this makes sense or if I can help clarify anything further!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Lara Lehnerz
    Lara Lehnerz ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Genevieve!