Creating a project summary page

We list all our projects in a master sheet, and then all invoicing information in another and all cost information in a third. I'd like to create a front page where you select the project name, and then it pulls information from all three sheets into a more useful and more userfriendly format. Currently, you have to scan across a row which has a lot of information (some not relevant to the user), and check two other sheets. Is there a way (possibly with an add-on) that I can create something like this?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @timshaw

I hope you're well and safe!

• Create a report and group it by Project Name (add a column in the sheet if needed), and then you'd get the information from each sheet on a separate line by the project.
    • Create a new sheet (Front Page) and then cross-sheet reference the other sheets and set the criteria to be a dropdown column somewhere in the sheet or the Sheet Summary Section (Front Page), and when you select a project from the list, all values from the other sheets will update.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks! For the second option, there may be a project budget of £100k but then three invoices of £33k each (each on their own line in an invoicing spreadsheet) - is there a lookup which would pull all three and list them?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @timshaw

In this instance I would suggest going the Report route, as you can use the Grouping and Summary feature to quickly summarize the budget numbers in that top summary row.

Otherwise, you can use SUMIFS as a cross-sheet formula, see - SUMIFS Function

Cheers,

Genevieve