Automating future due dates, counting cell changes
Using Smartsheet as a task management system for a small team, want to be able to enter tasks, set due dates and notifications, and record completion
For Recurring tasks I want to automate the future due dates once it the task has been recorded as completed
Current set up
- Enter form with a 'due date' and if recurring, enter the period (i.e. Weekly, Quarterly)
- Based on period selected, workflow enters 'number of days' in a new column (i.e. Weekly = 5)
- Column Formula to take the 'Due Date' and add the 'number of days' to get 'Next due date'
- Also have a workflow to change the status to 'pending' (from 'complete' if applicable) the 'number of days' prior to the 'next due date'
Problem is this will only work once. I am thinking I can add a 'cycle' column starting at 1 which can +1 each time the status changes to 'Complete' then do a column formula to multiply the 'number of days' by the 'cycles' to keep feeding that 'next due date' column accurately.
- Anyone know how to count how many times a cell value changes, and enter that number in a cell
- OR, anyone have a better way to achieve the same outcome for recurring tasks?
Help Article Resources
Check out the Formula Handbook template!