Control Center Cell Links Failing, You too?

Options
Mary_A
Mary_A ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

We have over 100 projects generated from Control Center. Data from our intake sheet flows to metadata picked up on dashboards our team uses to execute events. Our configuration has been largely stable for over three years.

Beginning around August 8th of this year, our Control Center generations began to fail. Existing projects are updating cell link data sporadically and often not at all. In attempting to fix links with the Manage Reference dialogs, Smartsheet came back with a generic "can't do this now" ...

I have talked to Smartsheet Support and the problem is escalated. My question for the community is --- is any other company seeing similar issues with their Control Center configuration?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Paola
    Options

+1 on this issue. Our cell links have been either slow to update (hours or days) or sometimes not at all from Intake to Metadata to Summary sheets.

• Mary_A
    Mary_A ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Paola yes, that is what we are seeing. We have over 500 projects in our intake. The "solution" Support is providing is to reprovision via a fake update. As a fix, it is temporary at best. The next change in an intake column is updated in a project reprovisioned in this way, the link again fails.

• James Sarno
    Options

1 Sheet Fails to create cell links

• Amanda G Lima
    Amanda G Lima ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you all still experiencing cell link issues in Control Center? PLEASE submit a support ticket so we can raise this issue.

I've also experienced this issue off an on, but persistently this week. When a project provisions, the metadata sheet updates the row for the Project Plan URL with the text but doesn't include the hyperlink. So on the Portfolio Summary the same thing surfaces since it pulls from the metadata sheet. The issue is all our reports are based off the Portfolio Summary and that link isn't loading.

I submitted a support ticket and this is the response:

"Thank you for your response and providing all the necessary information that we need on this investigation.

As we look into our back end is that this is now identified as a known issue and our Engineering team is currently investigating this. We appreciate your patience on this matter as we work for a solution on this issue.

I'm going to tag this case as open but if ever that you want to have an update on this case, you can just reply on this ticket and we are more than happy to update you."

The short term workaround is to manually update the link, which is feasible with the low number of projects we provision, but definitely a pain. I'm also making a plan to restructure my reports (as much as possible) to pull from the Intake sheet instead of relying on the not as reliable portfolio summary - such a bummer.

It's also frustrating this is not posted on the Smartsheet Status page or communicated more widely on the community here.

• Mary_A
    Mary_A ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Amanda G Lima the issue you are speaking to is a new one. Not the one I wrote this for...though I did submit this new issue as well just this week.

Additionally, we have an issue where edits to these hypertext link text (not the URL) are not carried down through to the Metadata and the sheets that consume it.

It is unfortunate that Smartsheet chooses not to share lists of known bugs. It would certainly save me time writing posts like these. Ideally, a list of known ongoing issues would be accompanied by any known workarounds. As users, we could subscribe to wait for a fix...and avoid submitting new issues.

On the flip side, of course, it would reduce the Support calls and free the team's team to help others.

• Amanda G Lima
    Amanda G Lima ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @Mary_A . Totally agree it would save time (on our end and support side) if these known issues were posted :)