Free Users and Reports

Our company has many free users as that is all they require with a limited number of licenced admins.

My issue is regarding the Reports. As an admin I can create and edit happily but my free users are suddenly unable to change the filters.

I've looked up free user access and Smartsheet specifically says they can still edit reports

However, my users are finding the filters tab greyed out so they cannot change

I have made sure that they have full rights on both the report sharing and also the underlying smartsheet involved.

So now I am stuck - am I missing something or have the permissions been revoked for free users as this could be a bit of a game changer for us.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help

kindest regards

Sue

Sue Rogers

AmerisourceBergen - MWI Animal Health

Business Analyst

Tags:

Answers

• Jason Duryea
    Jason Duryea ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the page outlining the permissions on sheets, reports or workspaces and where a user license is required.

As you can see below, modifying the Report Builder (i.e. Filters) requires a user license. I'm not sure if/when they may have changed this. As far as I remember, a license was required to perform these types of changes. Free-collaborator is generally limited to editing/viewing data in a report only.

• SueinSpain
    SueinSpain ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Jason - I think you may be right but so annoying as says they can edit in the "What can free users do" page and they certainly could do this before. I'll raise a ticket with them to get clarity as conflicting information.

Many thanks

Sue

Sue Rogers

Business Analyst

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 08/22/22

Hi @SueinSpain

Filters in Reports are how the Report is configured, part of the "report builder criteria". This means that only Admins and Owners in the Report can adjust the filter, and yes, they would need to be licensed as well.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• SueinSpain
    SueinSpain ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Genevieve

How silly as they didn't used to and the what free users can do guide says they are able to do this.

Conflicting information on this.

Sdaly looks like I won't be able to use reporting in our business as too few licenced users :(

Sue Rogers

Business Analyst

• Hi @SueinSpain

Would you be able to send me the URL with the Free User information where it says they can adjust Report Builder criteria? I'll pass this along to the Help Article team so the content is updated to be accurate.

Thanks!

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now