Issues Editing Cells

Hello, I have a co-worker who is unable to edit cells in a sheet they're shared to. They don't have a full license but they do have admin permissions on this specific sheet and are still unable to double-click and edit the information in the cell. This isn't just a problem on one sheet, the problem exists on others as well. Any idea as to why this would be happening?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What plan are you on? The lowest level (I think called "Pro" now) only allows 10 users to edit. Anyone after that is only able to view.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• anuelle
    anuelle ✭✭✭✭

We're on the enterprise plan.

• Hi @anuelle

Is it possible that these columns are ones that all users are unable to edit? (For example, a column with a Column Formula or a System column?) Are you able to edit the column with a license?

It would be helpful to see a screen capture of what they're trying to do, but please block out sensitive data.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• anuelle
    anuelle ✭✭✭✭

The column that is being edited in this case is the sheet's primary column but the user is unable to double click and edit all columns on the sheet. They have to right click -> row actions -> edit to make changes. When they double click on the cell it just puts a border around it but doesn't allow them to edit. In this example they would expand the parent row and answer the question beneath.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are they able to successfully double click in other places such as on their desktop to open a file? It almost sounds as if it is only recognizing a single click, so I am wondering if it might be a hardware related issue.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• anuelle
    anuelle ✭✭✭✭

They have to right click on desktop files as well so I think you're correct about the hardware issues. Thank you all for your help with this!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help. 👍️

I can't remember exactly where it is, but there is a setting that can adjust the "double click speed" so that it registers a double click with more time in between actual clicks. That's where I would start.

10xViz.com

• Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this problem as I am having a similar issue and I know that it is not a hardware issue.