Smartsheets not saving properly

NikkiOno
NikkiOno ✭✭✭✭
edited 08/22/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Has this happened to anyone else? Basically what is happening is that changes are made to the sheet, it is saved, and then later it reverts back to the original. My guess is that multiple people are editing the spreadsheet at the same time and it is causing the spreadsheet to get confused about which version to save. Any ideas?

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@NikkiOno I've run into this once or twice.

First thing to check is browser version. Make sure you're using the latest updated versions of either Chrome, Edge (the newer Chromium-based one,) or Firefox.

The second thing to look at is how many formulas you have on your sheet and how complex they are. I have run into situations where I had a lot of users entering data into a sheet with a lot of cross-sheet and other complex formulas. The system ran out of resources to do anything other than create new rows since it was too busy with the calculations.

Lastly, you may just have some corruption on the sheet. Out of the 450+ sheets I control, I've had two or three occasions where I simply had to export my data to Excel and reimport it into a new sheet to get things to work again.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• NikkiOno
    NikkiOno ✭✭✭✭

@Jeff Reisman thank you, I will look into those. Hopefully it’s an easy fix.