#INCORRECT ARGUMENT SET

Options

Hi Team,

I have been struggling with this formula I need Output urgently. Any help would be highly appreciated.

=IF(AND([Supplier Tender Date]@row > [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Warehouse)]@row, [Supplier Tender Date]@row > [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Site)]@row, "Shipment on Time", IF(AND([Supplier Tender Date]@row < [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Warehouse)]@row, [Supplier Tender Date]@row < [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Site)]@row, "Shipped Late"))))

Regards

Shubha

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You have some misplaced parenthesis.

=IF(AND([Supplier Tender Date]@row > [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Warehouse)]@row, [Supplier Tender Date]@row > [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Site)]@row), "Shipment on Time", IF(AND([Supplier Tender Date]@row < [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Warehouse)]@row, [Supplier Tender Date]@row < [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Site)]@row), "Shipped Late"))

• Shubha
    Shubha ✭✭
    Options

Hy @Paul Newcome

Thanks for your help. But this formula says Invalid Operations. I'm kind of stuck in between, I even tried using this formula:-

=IF(AND([Supplier Tender Date]@row > [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Warehouse)]@row, [Supplier Tender Date]@row > [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Site)]@row, "Shipment on Time"), ([Supplier Tender Date]@row < [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Warehouse)]@row, [Supplier Tender Date]@row < [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Site)]@row, "Shipped Late"))

& this one says #Unparseable.

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Shubha

Think you just needed to close off that final IF statements False outcome?

=IF(AND([Supplier Tender Date]@row > [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Warehouse)]@row, [Supplier Tender Date]@row > [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Site)]@row), "Shipment on Time", IF(AND([Supplier Tender Date]@row < [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Warehouse)]@row, [Supplier Tender Date]@row < [Shipment Date (Actual) (To Site)]@row), "Shipped Late","")

Test is working

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You misplaced the parenthesis again closing the AND functions out in the wrong place. Try the formula as I have it posted above.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!