Reporting on Last Updated column

Options

Looking to find a formula that works for reporting/counting the last updated column for:

• Updated in last 7 days
  • Updated in last 30 days
  • Updated in last 90 days
  • Never updated

Answers

• itsnotbroken
    itsnotbroken ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The highlight cells function is not enough?

Do you want to watch EVERY column in the sheet?

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Angela Logie ,

For the not updated you'll also need to include a created date column to go with the updated (in the formula below these columns are referred to as [Created] & [Updated] respectively, but if you have different columns names just change them over.

The following formula should then give the result you'd like, with an additional result for over 90 days.:

=IF(([Created]@row - [Updated]@row = 0), "Never updated", IF(AND(NOT([Created]@row = [Updated]@row), (TODAY() - [Updated]@row) <= 7), "Updated in last 7 days", IF((TODAY() - [Updated]@row) <= 30, "Updated in last 30 days", IF(AND(((TODAY() - [Updated]@row) <= 90), (TODAY() - [Updated]@row) >= 30), "Updated in last 90 days", "Updated over 90 days ago"))))

Obviously you can change the text over if you want something different for the oldest. This should give a result something like this (the updated column has had to be fudged to manual entry for obvious reasons!):

Hope this helps; if you've any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Angela Logie

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored using Reports instead?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!