"View Cell History" does not show actual name of person who created or edited cell.

I have an entry on one of my sheets that I didn't recognize. When I clicked on "View Cell History", it only indicated the date it was created and "Form User", instead of the actual name of the person who created the entry. How can this happen?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @JKC

I hope you're well and safe!

You'd have to set the form settings, so the submitters must log in to submit the form, and then the name will be included.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi, I have a Smart sheet where I don't need to submit a form, but I still want to see the name of the person that edits the cell of the Smartsheet directly. Is this possible? Of course, I know we have the activity log, but I prefer to double-check each history cell and see the name of the person and not always the name of the one that created the smart sheet.

Also in the activity log sometimes I have a person that has edited the SM but appears as only viewing. Why this is happening?

Thank you,

Maria

• Hi @Maria Dumitrica

You could use the Modified By system column to log the person that last edited a row, or the Created By column for the person who created the row (which may not be the Owner).

Otherwise, using the Cell History is what I would suggest!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now