IF AND Formula Help

Options

Hi everyone!

I am hoping you can please help me. I have tried IF AND, IF OR, and IF CONTAINS formulas but nothing works.

Referencing the below screenshot, I have a checkbox in the column titled "Carry Forward". I want to have the check box checked when the column titled "Vacancy Status" contains either the word "Assigned" or "Not Assigned" and the "Number of Actions Remaining" column is greater 0.

Any help you could provide me would be greatly appreciated and save me a bunch of time.

Tags:

Answers

• Tomasz Giba
    Tomasz Giba ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Peppey,

Here is the formula:

=IF(AND(OR([Vacancy Status]@row = "Assigned", [Vacancy Status]@row = "Not Assigned"), [Number of Actions Remaining]@row > 0), 1, 0)

Good Luck!

Tomasz Giba

• Peppey
    Peppey ✭✭
    Options

Hi Tomasz,

This formula worked perfectly, thank you so much! I have another question to see if it's possible. I have a column titled Date Assigned. Is it possible that I add something to this formula so if the Date Assigned (which appears like 8/2/2022) is a different month and year than today? For example, if the Date Assigned is 7/3/2022 and today is 8/1/2022 the box checks so we can show how many actions are being carried forward?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!