Can't Recreate Deleted Column / Disconnect Deleted Column

Hello,

I created a "Latest Comment" column. It didn't appear to be working so I thought I would delete and recreate it. Now I'm getting an error saying, "This column was deleted. Disconnect the deleted column before creating a new one."

How do I disconnect a column?

Thanks! Todd

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

To delete the latest comment column, right-click the column and select Remove column.

If you want to add the latest comment column back to the sheet, you must first delete the connection that populates the column with comments.

To delete the connection: 

1. Save and refresh the page. 

- or -

1. On the top right corner of your screen, select the Conversations icon.
    2. At the top of the Conversations pane, select the More icon.
    3. Select Manage Latest Comment column > Disconnect.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

To delete the latest comment column, right-click the column and select Remove column.

If you want to add the latest comment column back to the sheet, you must first delete the connection that populates the column with comments.

To delete the connection: 

1. Save and refresh the page. 

- or -

1. On the top right corner of your screen, select the Conversations icon.
    2. At the top of the Conversations pane, select the More icon.
    3. Select Manage Latest Comment column > Disconnect.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Thank you! That worked great!