Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Automated Reminders

ChristelW
ChristelW
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have a sheet with tasks per row aligned to specific team members.

Each row now has a reminder which is aligned with the due date column.

Once the team member updates the row with a new due date, there is no new reminder set for the new due date.

Can this be done automatically, so that when there's an update entered and the new due date is entered, the system automatically aligns a new reminder for that row to the new due date?

Thanks for the support.

Christel

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Christel, 

If you set the due date using the Alert > Reminder setting in the bottom of the smartsheet window you will be able to set a reminder to go out to the Assignee column on the due date column. 

1. The assignee column has to be a contact-list type column. 
    2. The due date column has to be a date column. 

Then, if the due date changes, it will still fire based on the due date column. Even if the assignee changes, the reminder will still fire.

2017-05-16_08-35-00.png

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for the answer so far.

However it needs to be row reminder and not a sheet reminder.

Let's say there's one task per row. Each task has a contact assigned and a due date. Each row/task has a reminder triggered by the due date to the specific contact of that task. Whenever they update the task, they update the due date as well and I want the reminder to stay in then as well and that it will be triggered again on the new due date.

Current situation is for a row reminder that, once the reminder has been sent on the due date; the task can be updated, but you need to manually set a new row reminder.

Hopefully you or someone else can offer the solution.

Thanks Christel

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Christie, it says "for this sheet" but its actually looking at each individual row and will send out the alert based on the row. I think it says "for this sheet" to remind you it will only be looking at rows on that particular sheet. :) The alerts will only fire and send the row(s) that match the criteria you set up. If the due date is not within three days, it won't send that row. 

• Hi Mike,

Just wanted to let you know that your solution works. Perfect.

Thanks a lot.

Christel

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You're welcome! :) Glad I could help. 

• I am having trouble getting my sheet to send me reminders.  We have a date  column that has a formula that says if another column is not checkmarked, and the due date column is past by 1 day, then that is the "reminder date" column.  

then, we want to send a reminder out to specific people if the reminder date is more than 2 days past due...but we can't get this to work.  I would appreciate any help!

This discussion has been closed.