Why can't my admins edit these fields in a report?

jmo
jmo ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've created a report that is filtered by "current user"

The highlighted fields (above) are date fields on the source data sheet. All of the "current users" have ADMIN permissions on the source data sheet and on this report however, no one can edit these fields or enter a date on the report.

I initially had the columns locked but unlocked them to test the ability to edit from the report - same experience, they cannot enter a date in these fields from the report.

I had one of the ADMINS go into the source sheet and, as expected, they can edit the fields there.

Any ideas why those fields cannot be edited in the report?

NOTE: the ADMINS are not fully licensed users, just collaborators with elevated ADMIN perms in this workspace.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• jmo
    jmo ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/19/22 Answer ✓

Well - I answered my own question.

Appears the names of the columns changed slightly on the source sheet since I created the report. Those minor changes impact the user's ability to edit the field because, technically, IT DIDN'T EXIST !!!!!

It must be Monday. 😉

Answers

• jmo
    jmo ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/19/22 Answer ✓

Well - I answered my own question.

Appears the names of the columns changed slightly on the source sheet since I created the report. Those minor changes impact the user's ability to edit the field because, technically, IT DIDN'T EXIST !!!!!

It must be Monday. 😉