Having Trouble with simple Chart Data in a Dashboard

All of my other rollup metrics easily import into the dashboard for charts and such, but for some reason the data in this sheet is not. This data is a JOIN function and not sure if it is formatting it in a way that isn't allowing it to chart? All columns and cells are text/number so that shouldn't be an issues. Is this just a rookie mistake? If I hand type the numbers in a separate column as shown on the right, they work as they should but I can't have them static. Any insight?

Best Answer

• JeremyB
    JeremyB
    Answer ✓

I have solved my own issue. The data that was being pulled into the dashboard sheet wasn't recognized as a number and couldn't be charted. I used an additional equation to turn the string into a number which then subsequently worked to chart it out.

Answers

• JSanita
    JSanita ✭✭✭✭

What data are you selecting when you get this error? I've had this happen and it's frustrating.

• The grid with the name of the machine and also its subsequent screw yield. Same as i have done for other charts I have built but the data says it cant be charted. Again if i select the grid on the right with the same data but entered manually with no equations, it pulls the bar chart just how i would like to see it. But unfortunately those numbers are static as the equations i have built bring in the most current screw yield value to the grid.

• JeremyB
    JeremyB
    Answer ✓

I have solved my own issue. The data that was being pulled into the dashboard sheet wasn't recognized as a number and couldn't be charted. I used an additional equation to turn the string into a number which then subsequently worked to chart it out.