Why has my metric sheet stopped working?

The following table counts data from a sheet using COUNTIFS functions. EG countif it a question and = the row or countif its an alternative proposal and the row.

However the its stooped counting. For example there are 5 'Role specific' questions in the sheet but the table below shows 3? And there is one Alt. prp but none are showing. I have checked the drop down menu and it matches. What could be wrong?

Answers

• @Phil Wightman Can you also paste a screenshot of the formula you are using, and also can you provide the screenshot of the sheet having actual data then it will be easy to see what's going wrong. Currently we can just see numbers.

• I agree with @Deepak Choudhary!

Could you post the actual formula you're using? Is it a COUNTIF (singular) looking for one value only, or do you have multiple conditions in a COUNTIFS?

Are you looking in a multi-select dropdown or a single select?

Keep in mind with multi-select you'll want to use the HAS function to see if a cell has that selection. If you just look for the value directly, it will only count cells where that value is the only thing in the cell.

E.g:

=COUNTIF({Column}, HAS(@cell, "Value"))

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Phil Wightman
    Phil Wightman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Deepak Choudhary and @Genevieve P.

The issue has now been checked by SS agent when I had a Pro Desk Support call for another matter. He founc no error in the formula so it now subject to a Help Desk ticket.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!