Filters in reports

Options

Is it possible to filter in a row report for a field which is in the sheet summary report?

I mean I need to create a row report, but also need to have a visualization based on a single field which I only have in the sheet summary report. This way it would clearly be a way to get a filter on a list of sheets to put in my report but based on a field in the sheet summary report, and not only based on a selection of the sheets from the folders.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @ISLM

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow! Can you elaborate?

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• ISLM
    ISLM ✭✭
    Options

Ciao @Andrée Starå

I'll try :)

I have a bunch of sheets and I need to do a row report of them.

Each of these sheets is property of a single user, but i don't have this user anywhere. (I can put the property user in the sheet summary report for example).

Now, what I need is to have all of the sheets in the report but to also be able to filter in a dynamic way by the user who is owner of the seet.

Is it more clear?

Thanks

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/30/22
    Options

@ISLM

Happy to help!

You can add a so-called helper column where you reference the Sheet Summary field, convert it to a Column Formula, and then reference it in the Report.

Would that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.