Countifs when there are different answer options

Options

Hello,

I want to collect data on the number of times certain machines are reported between certain dates Here's is the basic formula that works.

=COUNTIFS({NS Repair Detail Report Type}, "OOB", {NS Repair Detail Machine Model and Description}, "Machine Name 1", {NS Repair Detail Activity Date}, >={Sept 1 2022}, {NS Repair Detail Activity Date}, <={Sept 30 2022}

This gives the the answer. However, the {NS Repair Detail Machine Model and Description} could be machine 1, machine 2, machine 3, etc. I have a single select drop down that people choose.

I thought this might be the formula, but it isn't working:

=COUNTIFS({NS Repair Detail Report Type}, "OOB", {NS Repair Detail Machine Model and Description}, "Machine 1", {NS Repair Detail Activity Date}, >={Oct 1 2022}, {NS Repair Detail Activity Date}, <={Oct 31 2022} + COUNTIFS({NS Repair Detail Report Type}, "OOB", {NS Repair Detail Machine Model and Description}, "Machine 2", {NS Repair Detail Activity Date}, >={Oct 1 2022}, {NS Repair Detail Activity Date}, <={Oct 31 2022}))

I have a whole list that I'd like to count for each month under main categories. I know there must be an easy way to do this. Please help! Thanks!

Tags:

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@BFuller

=COUNTIFS({NS Repair Detail Report Type}, "OOB", OR({NS Repair Detail Machine Model and Description}="Machine 1", {NS Repair Detail Machine Model and Description}="Machine 2", {NS Repair Detail Machine Model and Description}="Machine 3"), {NS Repair Detail Activity Date}, >={Oct 1 2022}, {NS Repair Detail Activity Date}, <={Oct 31 2022})

Use an OR to define multiple criteria variables

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!