Clear entire columns in sheet

Trying to clear multiple columns in a sheet with one form completion or single cell change in another linked sheet such as a checkbox or date. To elaborate I have a sheet that occasionally needs to be reverted back to it's initial design with some columns being empty for new data submission which is being done in a Dynamic view data section. I want to avoid manually deleting info in each column. Also the sheet has some shuttles which add rows daily to keep the info evergreen. Even though rows are added as often as every day, i only need to clear the certain columns (for example qty columns, dropdown columns, etc.). Automated workflows seem to only allow changing 1 cell at a time and when I tried to do it based off a date formula I still only could change 1 row at a time meaning it only cleared the data out of the columns in 1 row.

Not sure if that makes sense...

Best Answer

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Free_Snap The brute force way to accomplish this is to build a workflow that runs on whatever frequency you want that invokes the Clear cell value action

It might be better to set some conditions on which rows are impacted, but from your description this should work. (I use this rule in a reporting sheet that needs a certain column cleared so that those providing updates see an empty cell in their DynamicView - pretty close to your use case. My workflow checks a status column and clears a cell on whichever rows are marked as active. )

dm

Answers

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Free_Snap The brute force way to accomplish this is to build a workflow that runs on whatever frequency you want that invokes the Clear cell value action

It might be better to set some conditions on which rows are impacted, but from your description this should work. (I use this rule in a reporting sheet that needs a certain column cleared so that those providing updates see an empty cell in their DynamicView - pretty close to your use case. My workflow checks a status column and clears a cell on whichever rows are marked as active. )

dm

• Hope you're still on… but how are you able to run on a frequency as you are triggering here on a date reached? The clear cell value cannot be used with the hourly/daily/weekly When Triggered option.
    Thx!