Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Up Vote an existing Product Feedback or Ideas

Options
Jason Nairnsey
Jason Nairnsey ✭✭✭

Is there a way to "upvote" existing Product Feedback or Ideas? For example I would like to request the ability to have permissions at a Folder level (as well as Sheet & Workspace). I can see that many others have requested this but I can't see how to add my voice to their request.😪

1 votes

Available Now! · Last Updated

If you're logged in to the Community, clicking on the number (with the up arrow) on an open Idea will add your vote to that post.

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 10/04/22
    Options

Hi @Jason Nairnsey

Yes!

If you click on the number with the arrow below it, this will change the number to be 1 higher and add your vote. Then you will receive alerts when the Status of that post is updated.

You can click on this number either from the main list view or from the yellow Status bar within a post. If you click it from the list view, the triangle will fill in to be solid, indicating that you've added a vote to that post already.

Keep in mind you need to be logged in to the Community to vote.

Let me know if you're still having trouble with this and I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Heather_Goetz_DAL
    Options

Has the "up vote" changed since this response was last provided. I do not see a number with an arrow as Genevieve responded above with an image. I only see the "vote up" option.

• Genevieve P.
    edited 03/06/23
    Options

Hi @Heather_Goetz_DAL

The "up vote" feature is only available for Idea type of posts within the Product Feedback and Ideas topic (here).

Other posts within the Community are questions or discussions in either support topics (e.g. Formulas and Functions) or engagement areas (such as Just for Fun). These won't have the triangle and vote option as they're not ideas to send to the Product team.

Let me know if that helps, and if you can see the up vote feature in the posts from the link above!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Heather_Goetz_DAL
    Options

Thank you that does. I'll look for the same topic in product feedback.

• Amoosa
    Amoosa ✭✭
    Options

Is there anyway to have a Product Feedback and Ideas Topic page implemented internally using Smartsheet, even if it's a watered-down?

The minimal requirement would be:

1. Allow users to vote on ideas
    2. Only allow to be voted once
    3. View popular voted items

Thanks!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Amoosa

Do you mean allow users to access this Smartsheet Community and vote on the current Product Ideas area?

You can actually embed the Product Ideas page into a Dashboard using a Web Content widget! 🙂 Note that you'll need to sign in to be able to vote on Smartsheet enhancement requests, but it's one way you could surface our Community in a different location.

However if you're looking to use a Smartsheet sheet to house ideas and votes that would be a different process. I haven't personally seen this be done before but there may be a way to use Form submissions as "votes". I would suggest posting this as a new Question in the "Using Smartsheet" topic to see if other members have done this before or have any suggestions based on what you're looking to accomplish.

Cheers,

Genevieve