Delete project in Control Center

Options
Oana Intors
Oana Intors ✭✭✭
edited 11/17/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I'll like to have the option to delete a project created with Control Center, Until now we only have the choice -archive

Comments

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

You can delete a project in control center.

• jprovo227
    jprovo227 ✭✭✭
    edited 12/06/23
    Options

Hi @Oana Intors,

It looks like there has been an update in Control that allows admins to not only delete projects in Control Center, but now this functionality will delete all of the connections to that project with one action - including connections to Resource Management, removing the row from the intake sheets and summary reports, and removing the project folder in the workspace. As recently as a month ago, I had to perform all of those tasks manually.

This is great update to Control Center and I hope you're able to take advantage of it! :)

Thanks,

Justin

• Linda Linton
    Linda Linton ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's only a great update if you WANT/NEED to delete all associated records for the deleted project. I was not aware of this change and just deleted a project from Control Center that we wanted to KEEP on the Intake Sheet (as we used to do in the past). I believe it would be better for Smartsheet to let us CHOOSE which associated records should be deleted.

• Kyle.Baker
    Options

+1 for option to Delete a Project (Folders, RM, etc.) via Control Center, but KEEP the row on the Intake Sheet