Advice on creating a sheet to track open, ongoing and closed action items from large meeting

Options

Not sure if this is a question as much as a looking for inspiration. If you have a system for tracking action items from meetings, let me know what you have put together/found most helpful!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @MirandaLang

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored the solution in the Solution Center? They can be excellent starting points.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Chris St. Louis
    Options

Hello @MirandaLang

I recently consolidated multiple logs (Change, Risk, Action, Issue, Decision) into a single CRAID log/sheet.

I use one sheet to capture everything and a form that allows the submitter to select the CRAID Type. Dependent on the Type selected (E.G. Action) form logic will display specific fields - different fields display on the form for a Risk vs Action vs Issue. The input form sits bookmarked on my browser bar so can be quickly accessed during a meeting to capture and submit an Action item, Issue Decision etc.

I have multiple shared filters set up on the capture sheet to allow review of each of the CRAID Types, but when reviewing with the project team I prefer to use reports so that I can further group and sort the entries for more efficient reviews.

Automation allows me to schedule periodic update requests (E.G. 5 days before due date) to be generated to the Assigned owner of the Action. All Actions, of course, should have both an Assigned owner and an agreed upon due date - best practice. Their response via the form in the email request automatically updates the log, and notification automation alerts me to those updates.

Hope this helps. Happy to demo if necessary.

Best.  

Chris St. Louis| Project Manager for Strategic IT Initiatives |