Bridge Error

Options
MCorbin
MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
edited 10/19/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I should start by saying that Bridge is my nemesis.... but I'm determined to conquer it.

I'm trying to do a simple workflow, and I keep getting an error with the "Get Row" module

The odd thing is.... If I re-copy the sheet ID Data Reference and paste it back in the module, and re-run, it will work.... It might even work a few times, and then it gives me this error again.

Why am I getting this? Any suggestions?

Tags:

Best Answers

  • MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
    Answer βœ“
    Options

    @Genevieve P. - I got it!!! Woo hoo!!! Another lesson and another look and I realized what I had done.... I had copied the Column Reference instead of the VALUE reference....

    Made the correction and it finally worked!!! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!!! WOO HOOO!!!

    This was really sweet to see πŸ˜€


  • Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer βœ“
    Options

    Hi @MCorbin

    Wow! Haha apologies I didn't see this yesterday, but I'm definitely impressed with your progress and all of the small details you fixed!

    Absolutely fantastic that you were able to find the correct reference and that we can see a "Completed" result. With Bridge and with Formulas it always seems like a little bit of magic to me when it produces the end goal.

    Big kudos! πŸ‘

Answers

  • MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
    Options

    And now I'm getting a second error (on the bright side, it's finding my row now)....

    It's a really simple workflow - when I add a row to 1 sheet, add some of the columns from that new row to a second sheet...

  • Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 10/12/22
    Options

    Hi @MCorbin

    For the first error, can I confirm what you have set up in the Row ID section of the Get Row module?

    In my test, I set the trigger as a New Row being added in a specific sheet. Then when I added a new row, I checked the Run Log to get the reference point from the Object id:

    I used that as my Row ID:

    It sounds like you may have referenced the Sheet ID from the Run Log instead of the Object id, is that possible?


    For your second error, would you be able to post a screen capture of how you have the Add Row Module set up? Is it possible that the values you're taking from the row are being input into different columns than the original sheet?

  • MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
    edited 10/12/22
    Options

    Thank you @Genevieve P. !


    For GetRow - I'm using the Data Reference:

    Now... for the GetSheet module - to get the destination sheet, I did use the actual sheet ID. I couldn't figure out any other way to get it. I did just notice something that could have made the difference - I had spaces in the "Get License Sheet "State". I just removed them before taking the screenshot, but you can see in the Add Row reference the space is still there (I didn't re-run it yet)


    And then for the Add Row - here's how it's set up:


    NOTE: I just tried to re-run with the spaces removed so I could get the data references again, and I'm getting the same error with GetRow

    I re-copied the data reference for Sheet ID and re-ran (created a new row in the source sheet): and I'm back to the Add Row Error (but this will at least allow me to fix my data references with the spaces)


    ******Updated my sheet reference in Add Row and I just noticed something (below screenshot)

    When I created a new row and looked at the log - I had 2 rows saying "Waiting" (one had "stopped" by the time I captured the screen shot). Is that normal to have 2 run logs?


    Both errored:



    ONE THOUGHT: When I set up the trigger - I set up 2 triggers - one if a row was added, and another if it was changed. Could that be what's causing the sheet reference to get messed up?

  • MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
    Options

    OK @Genevieve P. - You got me closer!

    1. I removed the 2nd trigger. No reason to complicate it with that :-D
    2. I modified the State names so they had no spaces and re-copied/pasted the data references.
    3. I realized that for the Add Row, where I added the data references for the values - I think I took those from the wrong level. I went back and opened up each object and capture the ID.

    Now I'm getting another error - got this both for the date field and the contact column (This is the contact column error). I vaguely remember something about formatting for date columns, but not for contacts.. is this what is causing the error?


  • MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
    Answer βœ“
    Options

    @Genevieve P. - I got it!!! Woo hoo!!! Another lesson and another look and I realized what I had done.... I had copied the Column Reference instead of the VALUE reference....

    Made the correction and it finally worked!!! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!!! WOO HOOO!!!

    This was really sweet to see πŸ˜€


  • MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
    Options

    And now to make it more complicated..... hahhahaha

  • Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer βœ“
    Options

    Hi @MCorbin

    Wow! Haha apologies I didn't see this yesterday, but I'm definitely impressed with your progress and all of the small details you fixed!

    Absolutely fantastic that you were able to find the correct reference and that we can see a "Completed" result. With Bridge and with Formulas it always seems like a little bit of magic to me when it produces the end goal.

    Big kudos! πŸ‘