Combining SUMIFS + Specific Date Range + Specific Criteria

Options
Nancy Heater
Nancy Heater ✭✭✭✭
edited 10/17/22 in Formulas and Functions

Hello Smartsheet Community!

Hope you are all doing well!

I am stumped on how to achieve the results I'm looking for and am looking for some assistance. We are pulling data from one sheet to another, in this scenario.

Step 1, which I was able to figure out is to sum the number of "Potato Orders" in a certain date range: =SUMIFS({Potato Orders Range 1}, {Orders Shipped Range 2}, >=DATE(2022, 9, 18), {Orders Shipped Range 2}, <=DATE(2022, 9, 24))

Step 2, which I am struggling with ... I need to add in another criteria to the above formula, which would be that we only sum the Potato Orders in the specified date range that are for "Mike", in our Customer column. I am guessing this would require adding in COUNTIFS, but I'm not really sure and everything I have tried hasn't worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you as always!

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Nancy Heater

This is actually quite simple! With the SUMIFS function you can simply add in the new range to look at and criteria into your current formula:

=SUMIFS({Potato Orders Range 1}, {Orders Shipped Range 2}, >=DATE(2022, 9, 18), {Orders Shipped Range 2}, <=DATE(2022, 9, 24), {Customer Column}, "Mike")

See: SUMIFS Function

That should then filter down your results! Let me know if that makes sense and works for you.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Nancy Heater
    Nancy Heater ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P. - that did the trick! As usual, I was trying to make it much harder than it needed to be. Thank you so very much!

Have a great week!

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!