Question Regarding Smartsheet-gSite Connectivity

Hello,

I currently have a Smartsheet that allows users to post questions. I also have a gSite pertaining to this process with a "list of questions asked" section.

Is there a way to connect Smartsheet with the gSite in a way so that, when a user posts a question in the Smartsheet, the question is automatically added to the "list of questions asked" section in the gSite?

-Ben

Best Answer

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Benjamin O'Leary

Hi Benjamin, not natively. This also depends on your gSite setup. You have a few options, depending on your situation:

1) You could "publish" your Smartsheet sheet of questions and embed it on your gSite

2) You could send your Smartsheet questions to a Google sheet (via Zapier) and connect the Google Sheet to your gSite

3) You could connect your Smartsheet to the gSite through a custom API build, but you would stll need something on your gSite to "receive" the data coming from Smartsheet. So this might be overkill for what you're trying to accomplish.

Without knowing your gSite setup and the way that data is configured, it's hard to offer a solution for you.

Ryan

Ryan Sides

Smartsheet Tips and Tricks for Beginners and Advanced on LinkedIn and YouTube

Come Say Hello!

Answers

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Benjamin O'Leary

Hi Benjamin, not natively. This also depends on your gSite setup. You have a few options, depending on your situation:

1) You could "publish" your Smartsheet sheet of questions and embed it on your gSite

2) You could send your Smartsheet questions to a Google sheet (via Zapier) and connect the Google Sheet to your gSite

3) You could connect your Smartsheet to the gSite through a custom API build, but you would stll need something on your gSite to "receive" the data coming from Smartsheet. So this might be overkill for what you're trying to accomplish.

Without knowing your gSite setup and the way that data is configured, it's hard to offer a solution for you.

Ryan

Ryan Sides

Come Say Hello!

• @Ryan Sides thank you for the feedback. How would I go about using option 3 (API)?

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Benjamin O'Leary shoot me an email at ryan@workflowcreative.com so we can connect. I'd like to understand your requirements/setup better so I don't point you down the wrong path. - Ryan

Ryan Sides

Come Say Hello!