How to use a Google Sheet attachment in Data Shuttle upload

Options
Brian_Richardson
Brian_Richardson Overachievers
edited 10/20/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi all- I’m trying to setup a Data Shuttle upload workflow to read the latest attachment to a sheet, where those attachments are Google Sheets. When I select Smartsheet Attachment as the source and point at the sheet with Google Sheet attachments, it errors and tells me there’s no valid files attached.

Is this because Google Sheet “attachments” are actually just links and not files?

I’m trying this because I need to clear a sheet on a schedule, and you can do that by reading a blank sheet with Data Shuttle and choosing to merge and delete. I setup a Bridge workflow to attach the file on a schedule, now I just need Data Shuttle to read the dang sheet!

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is the Google sheet completely blank as in never been used/all data deleted? Data Shuttle does need SOMETHING to read, so maybe try putting just a space in the home cell.

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Options

@Paul Newcome thanks, but yes I did put a little bit of data in there to try. I also tried attaching a fully populated sheet with column headers etc, but no luck there either. I have the distinct feeling that, even though you can data shuttle directly in from Google Drive, that you cannot do the same from attached google sheets as they are really just links, not files attached.

But I'm hoping I'm wrong!

I'll ping our Success Mgr too and see if he has insight that I can share here.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN