Is there a way to resize the range of a chart that is inserted into smartsheet?

Answers

• Hi @C_Sen41

You can update a Chart Widget by editing the Data Source, then selecting the correct cells/columns that you want to have displayed. See: Modify an Existing Chart

If this hasn't helped, it would be useful to know how you built this Chart (is it off of a sheet or a report) and what it is you are looking to display. It would be best if we could see some screen captures, but please block out sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• C_Sen41
    C_Sen41
    edited 10/31/22

Thanks for the response. My objective it to create a graph in smartsheet that is similar to the graph that I made in excel. I included two snapshots. One is a snapshot of a graph in excel and the next is a snapshot of the same data in smartsheet's format. I was hoping there was a way to make the graph in smartsheet look more similar to the excel version. The "Smartsheet Test" graph is the graph from Excel. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

• Hi @C_Sen41

The way I would do this is to create 3 separate Chart Widgets and have them next to each other on the Dashboard.

That way you would have your "Groupings", with the Title of the chart set as the Year, and the data in the chart only the 4 columns for that year.

You can also adjust the X-axis to include the bar descriptions as well!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Great, thank you for the suggestion. I have added a separate widget for each year. The one issue I am running into now is that each graph has a different range on the Y axis

(as pictured above).

• Hi @C_Sen41

Yes, so Chart widgets will automatically adjust the Y Axis based on the data it's mapping.

What you could do is add another X-Axis point (perhaps called "Benchmark) and then colour that bar white, letting the value be 90% on each graph. That way it won't appear, but it would be the tallest point in all charts, ensuring that the Y Axis goes up to 100. However your chart with negative values will still appear differently.