Automated reminders

I'd like to set an alert/reminder for the Submitted User when a task is not met within our dashboard.

I created the following columns "Date Submitted" "Submitted by" and "Personal Charges Paid (Y/N)".

The logic reads: if "Personal Charges Paid" is marked "No", a reminder/alert is sent to " Submitted by" 2 days after "Date Submitted".

The reminder templates require a set date which isn't conducive for what I'm looking to accomplish since dates vary.

I'd like to create a formula, since none of the reminder/alert templates work for what I'm trying to achieve.

Best Answer

• Christian G.
    Christian G. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Assuming that your column are configure as followed :

"Date Submitted" -> Date

"Submitted by" -> Contact list

"Personal Charges Paid (Y/N)" - Check box

Beware that it will send a reminder everyday after the 2 days delay.

You can add a column that record the date when you send the reminder and evaluate if another reminder must be sent.

Answers

• Christian G.
    Christian G. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Assuming that your column are configure as followed :

"Date Submitted" -> Date

"Submitted by" -> Contact list

"Personal Charges Paid (Y/N)" - Check box

Beware that it will send a reminder everyday after the 2 days delay.

You can add a column that record the date when you send the reminder and evaluate if another reminder must be sent.

• HAA
    HAA ✭✭✭

Hi Christian, thank you for your help! This is exactly what I was looking for!

• Hi want to send automated reminders when the form is submitted to the assignee to approve or decline the request.

i want this reminder to be sent out till the status is submitted

• Hi want to send automated reminders when the form is submitted to the assignee to approve or decline the request.

i want this reminder to be sent out till the status is submitted

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Shwetaic

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you add a helper column with a checkbox or similar where the submitter can indicate they are done?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.