How do I sort the data in a chart?

I have multiple charts created in a dashboard based on data in a Sheet. I don't see an option to sort each chart in ascending/descending order. It's in whatever order the data appears in the Sheet. If I sort in the Sheet, it fixes one set of charts I have, but ruins another. There should be an option in the Dashboard Chart area to sort the charts how you want. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this without completely reinventing the way the Sheet is laid out?

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/08/22

Hi @dkauffman7,

Unfortunately there are no options for that on the dashboard side of things. You would have to re-order the data in your grid in order for it to appear in the dashboard chart in the order you want.

If you're looking at the same cell range for multiple charts, then re-ordering will impact all.

If you're looking at different cell ranges for multiple charts, then make sure you only re-order your data manually in the cells where they're at. Don't re-order by moving rows around. Then you shouldn't impact other cell ranges contained in your grid, and won't impact other charts.

All the best,

-Ray

• You could use a Report for each required chart to grab and sort the data, and then query the reports from your dashboard.