Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Editable Font Size and Colour for Data Labels on Charts

It would be helpful to have some control over the size and colour of data labels for charts. e.g. if your dashboard font sizing is consistently a smaller or larger size than the default for data labels, it looks untidy, often data labels appear too large on a chart as a result of the large default font size too.

101 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

We are planning several enhancements to make charts more customizable, including the option to change the font size and color of the data labels. We will look to apply these formatting options to series labels in the near future. Stay tuned for updates in this area!

Comments

• Kim Kuney
    Kim Kuney ✭✭
    edited 03/21/23

I would love it if I could change the font size and position of pie chart data labels. I'd like the position options to include the current default (which appears to be Center) as well as Inside-End. Combined, these two items would allow us to minimize label values from neighboring slices bleeding together and becoming illegible. See the attached image for how it currently looks in Smartsheet v. when I can adjust labels' font size and location.

Thank you.

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Deanna Vandermeer Overachievers Alumni
    edited 03/27/24

I agree, this would be FANTASTIC! It is such a struggle to have to deal with only two options currently (display the pie chart data labels or not to display). Super frustrating and I have honestly never understood why this has not yet been an enhancement. Please consider this, it would be super helpful.

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

• Jakub Lenczowski
    Jakub Lenczowski ✭✭✭✭

I would like to have possibility to change place for displayed data figures on column graph in a different place like for a legend. I would like to have possibility to display them on the right, left, bottom or top of the column as it is right now. Currently when you use combined graph display and your data are not to big it is not possible to present it well because it lays one on another and are unreadable. Additionally there is no option to change their font size.

• It would be great to have the ability to adjust the size of series labels in charts on dashboards.

• rosegarretson
    rosegarretson ✭✭✭✭

The ability to customize the value labels is very important. I have charts where the labels are juxtaposed, and as a result, illegible. Please prioritize this feature, as it's been discussed for a long time. Thanks.

• When working in dashboards it would be useful to format the text of the series label in a chart - adjusting size, font and colour to best show the clear information needed