Were dependencies recently modified or changed?

Amanda W
Amanda W ✭✭
edited 11/15/22 in Smartsheet Basics

In the past, using the Finish to Finish function, the dates I would see are as below:

Line 1, 4w, 12/1/23 - 12/28/23

Line 2 (FF to Line 1), 1d, 12/28/23 - 12/28/23

Opening my project plans last week, I noticed that my dates for single day lines changed that anything FF with a duration 1d now span over TWO days.

Line 1, 4w, 12/1/23 - 12/28/23

Line 2 (FF to Line 1), 1d, 12/27/23 - 12/28/23

Is this a bug or is this the new way that dependencies work?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amanda W

I checked in with the Support team this morning and they let me know that a fix has now been applied! You should now see the correct Start Dates for any rows with a FF or SF predecessor relationship.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Hi @Amanda W

This is a reported issue that our team is investigating at the moment: predecessors with FF or SF links are showing the Start Date as one day earlier than it should be, based on the duration.

I don't have an ETA for when this will be resolved but we're actively working on a fix. In the meantime, if you set the duration to be slightly smaller than 1 (e.g. 0.9d) this will update the Start Date to the correct date.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amanda W

I checked in with the Support team this morning and they let me know that a fix has now been applied! You should now see the correct Start Dates for any rows with a FF or SF predecessor relationship.

Cheers,

Genevieve