Why the duration day is not accurate

Jacqui
Jacqui ✭✭
edited 11/15/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Does anyone know why all of a sudden Smartsheet is not accurate on the duration on timelines. Now it accounts a day extra when selecting only a day. See screenshot attached. This is happening across my timelines

Answers

• Hi @Jacqui

A number of other customers contacted the Support team to report seeing the same behaviour: when using SF or FF predecessors, the Start Date value shows one day earlier than it should. Our internal teams are working on a fix for this and dates should update to the correct Start Date soon. I don't have an ETA for when this will be resolved but we are actively working on it.

In the meantime, if you adjust the duration to be 0.9d instead of 1d the Start Date will correct itself to show the same date as your End Date.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Jacqui
    Jacqui ✭✭

Please keep me posted. I would greatly appreciated :)

• Jacqui
    Jacqui ✭✭

Hi Genevieve,

Unfortunately, the .9d doesn't work across my timelines only to some milestones. I also noticed the predecessors are not working properly. It's been coming down as an #ref, this is something I haven't seen. Are you also having issues with this?

If you could provide an ETA/feedback on these issues, it would be greatly appreciated. This is causing some delays on milestones and tasks my end.

Many thanks,

Jacqui

• Hi @Jacqui

I checked in with the Support team this morning and they let me know that a fix has now been applied! You should now see the correct Start Dates for any rows with a FF or SF predecessor relationship.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now