Does anyone have experience with administrating multiple Smartsheet sites simultaneously?

Our company is looking at operating 2 Smartsheet sites simultaneously (one for internal projects and another for external projects). What have you found to be the biggest issue? What are the smaller issues you face routinely? Any words of wisdom to pass on?

Thanks.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Rich Stowell

I hope you're well and safe!

What's the reason for splitting them out into different accounts?

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Rich Stowell
    Rich Stowell ✭✭✭✭✭

Andree,

I am well and safe. I wish the same for you.

As I stated, we are looking to have one for internal projects (only company resources will be allowed) and another for external facing projects (internal and client resources allowed).

Sincerely,

Rich

• Rich,

I use one account to manage three different sites. When we looked at creating different accounts for each site but the biggest pain we found was having to log out and log in to help the other sites. What has worked for us is setting workspaces for each department in each site, this allowed us to give access to give access only to the people that needed it.

The other thing you can do is use workapps or dynamic view to restrict what internal and external individuals can see and do.

Hope this helps,

Carlos

• Rich Stowell
    Rich Stowell ✭✭✭✭✭

Carlos,

Thanks for the input. Just to confirm what you have stated - you are using the same Smartsheet Account (tied to a single email) to manage the different sites (each with it's own Smartsheet instance).

What permission do you have on each instance? Can you break this down into a grid? (i.e.

Smartsheet instance Your Account Your Role

Company A c@chicas.com Sys Admin, Owner

Company B c@chicas.com Sys Admin

Company C c@chicas.com Sys Admin