Can I use a form with prioritization formulas?

Options

Hi all!

I am trying to come up with a more simple way to prioritize projects in my organization with one way to input a project. When a user wants to input a new project into the portfolio, they would use the form to select answers related to the project. When an answer is selected, it has a certain value and weight attached to produce a score. Ideally, we are trying to have the score automatically updated with each form entry so we can keep track in a master list. Currently, we are using a basic excel model to produce a score and then manually transferring the data and the score over to SmartSheet. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

@Blakecolq You can build this into your sheet using "helper columns" essentially a column with an @row formula that comes up with a number based on an answer. We use this concept on our intake form. So the person filling out the form answers questions like normal, but in your sheet there are additional columns with formulas to determine your score.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!