Approval Requests summary from HOME tab

Hi

Did smartsheet remove the approval requests summary from the HOME tab?

This feature provided tracking of all the requests sent by the sheet owner and a list of all pending requests that need to be approved by the current user.

Would you know whether Smartheet removed this feature or moved it somewhere else?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Rahul.

Answers

• Hi @Rahul Patel

Yes, the Home page was updated this month! Here's the Release Note for this update:

The Requests for You and the Requests You’ve Sent sections were removed from the Home page. You can still see your pending update and approval requests in the Notifications panel.

Please feel free to leave feedback on either the new Home page or the Notifications panel by clicking on the bullhorn icons within the app.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve,

Thanks for your response,

I agree with the idea of expanding the suggested items area on the Home page so that you can access your most important work quickly and spin up new Smartsheet items faster.

I also understand that now I can access my pending updates and approval through the notification tab.

However, can I access all the requests I have sent?

As a sheet owner, it would be a great feature to track all pending requests that the owner sends.

Please advise

Thanks

• Hi @Rahul Patel

For Update Requests, you can see all of the Pending requests you have sent directly from within the sheet on the side-bar (see: Manage Pending Update Requests)

The Home Team that made the recent change is looking for feedback! All of this would be good for them to know; if you have a minute, please do fill out the form associated with either of the bullhorn icons from my image above. This way you can detail your specific use-case and how you were tracking requests sent before the change, as well as your ideal Home Page formatting to consider for future updates.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve,

Happy new year.

I am aware of the update request tracking within Smartsheet.

The issue I am facing is with approval requests, which I have sent, which I lost track of from the home page.

I have a scenario where once the form is submitted it passes through multiple people for approval, the previous Home tab was providing me tracking with the time and date when the approval request has been sent. which I am after here.

Please advise,

Thanks