Summary Formula Result in new Formula

I am generating multiple results in a Summary Sheet. I would like to use these results in a new formula within the same Summary, is this possible?

SS_Result1

SS_Result2

new formula =sum([SS-Result1]-[SS-Result2])

otherwise I have to combine the formulas within each against themselves, kinda tedious

Best Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @SkiPatrolScott

Yes, you can use an existing summary field in another summary field within the same sheet. You can either click into the formula field of the existing formula to add to new formula, or type out the field name. Summary fields use a # in place of a row indicator. Using your example from above:

=new formula =[SS-Result1]#-[SS-Result2]#

If this doesn't make sense, help me understand where I lost you and I will try to explain it better.

Kelly

• SkiPatrolScott
    SkiPatrolScott ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks @Kelly Moore , I did have to add a ( around the equation ) but it did work.

=sum([summary field1]#-[summary field2]) the correct answer was produced.

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @SkiPatrolScott

Yes, you can use an existing summary field in another summary field within the same sheet. You can either click into the formula field of the existing formula to add to new formula, or type out the field name. Summary fields use a # in place of a row indicator. Using your example from above:

=new formula =[SS-Result1]#-[SS-Result2]#

If this doesn't make sense, help me understand where I lost you and I will try to explain it better.

Kelly

• SkiPatrolScott
    SkiPatrolScott ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks @Kelly Moore , I did have to add a ( around the equation ) but it did work.

=sum([summary field1]#-[summary field2]) the correct answer was produced.