Smartsheet Integration with MS TEAMS

Options

Hello,

I have been attempting to load a recently built Smartsheet to our IPPE TEAM Channel with no success, and depending on how I attempt to load it, I am getting different outcomes.

Through Teams App, and Teams in Chrome browser, I click to load the tab, then just end up with the white screen below. No message to login, ghosted Save Button

In Mozilla browser, I get a login prompt to put in my credentials, which I am able to do, then when I click Allow Access, it loops me back to the login prompt.

I noticed a post from smartsheet regarding an update to access, but that indicates I should see something regarding the admin access which I currently do not have.

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @CDGiggy,

Although I was able to successfully authenticate the Smartsheet app in Teams via the desktop app and Chrome, I was also able to reproduce the reported authentication loop when using Firefox. My advise for the Chrome and the desktop app would be to manually revoke your authentication token for Teams from the Smartsheet app (see this article for more detail) and try to go through the authentication process again. You may also want to ensure that you are running Chrome on the latest version (108.0.5359.94) and clear your cache and cookies to ensure that no cached data is interfering in the authentication process.

Since I could reproduce this behaviour in Firefox, I would also recommend to open a ticket with our Support team via this form or accessing the new Customer Support Portal even if you manage to connect both apps through the desktop app and/or Chrome 

Cheers! 

Julio

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @CDGiggy,

Although I was able to successfully authenticate the Smartsheet app in Teams via the desktop app and Chrome, I was also able to reproduce the reported authentication loop when using Firefox. My advise for the Chrome and the desktop app would be to manually revoke your authentication token for Teams from the Smartsheet app (see this article for more detail) and try to go through the authentication process again. You may also want to ensure that you are running Chrome on the latest version (108.0.5359.94) and clear your cache and cookies to ensure that no cached data is interfering in the authentication process.

Since I could reproduce this behaviour in Firefox, I would also recommend to open a ticket with our Support team via this form or accessing the new Customer Support Portal even if you manage to connect both apps through the desktop app and/or Chrome 

Cheers! 

Julio