Create PDF with Dashboard, big white margins which do not exist on the online view

MPM
MPM ✭✭
edited 12/13/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hey everyone,

I have the problem that when creating a pdf with the print to pdf function of an dashboard, the dashboard which online is totally fine like this:

looks in the print to pdf version totally not fine with a huge white margin on the right hand side and the bottom, like this:

Does anyone has a solution for this ? Or has this problem occured before?

Thank you so much for help and answers

greets from Berlin

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi all (@MPM, @MPB, @AngieChristophersen)

The Smartsheet Support team recently received similar reports of this print behaviour; it appears to be the result of the v.108 update to the Chromium software engine which affects many web browsers, including:

Google Chrome / Microsoft Edge / Opera / Brave / Vivaldi

NOTE: This does not affect Safari. Please try using Safari to print in the meantime.

It also is not limited to Smartsheet - other users of Chrome and Edge have reported printing issues in other sites and applications since updating their browser on or after December 6, 2022 (for example, this thread in the Google Chrome Help Community)

Please report this behaviour:

• In Microsoft Edge, open the Menu, select Help and feedback, then Send feedback
    • In Google Chrome, open the Menu, select Help, and Report an Issue

Thank you,

Genevieve

Answers

• MPB
    MPB ✭✭

Hey Tilo,

I have the exact same question. Besides the margin problem I also have another.

If there is more than one sheet to picture in a PDF then the setting for the second page doesn't seem align with the first one or there is a blank page between first and third page, which isn't the case for the editor page.

Really need help on it. Does someone has an answer on it? Thank you.

Regards

• I am having the same issue. I have printed Dashboards to PDF for quite some time now and just recently, there is a big white space on the right hand side, as shown in the original poster's screenshots. These are something I present to clients and am not pleased with the appearance. It also makes the data harder to read. I've attempted clearing cache and checking all settings in Smartsheet and can't seem to resolve on my own. Hoping a fix is in place soon.

• @MPM @MPB - In the Print screen, when I changed the Scale to 130%, and then Printed to PDF, it made my formatting look better and removed the white space on the right side of the dashboard. Give it a try.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi all (@MPM, @MPB, @AngieChristophersen)

The Smartsheet Support team recently received similar reports of this print behaviour; it appears to be the result of the v.108 update to the Chromium software engine which affects many web browsers, including:

Google Chrome / Microsoft Edge / Opera / Brave / Vivaldi

NOTE: This does not affect Safari. Please try using Safari to print in the meantime.

It also is not limited to Smartsheet - other users of Chrome and Edge have reported printing issues in other sites and applications since updating their browser on or after December 6, 2022 (for example, this thread in the Google Chrome Help Community)

Please report this behaviour:

• In Microsoft Edge, open the Menu, select Help and feedback, then Send feedback
    • In Google Chrome, open the Menu, select Help, and Report an Issue

Thank you,

Genevieve

• AngieChristophersen
    edited 12/19/22

Hi @Genevieve P.

I appreciate your quick response and answer. Unfortunately, my company does not have Safari so that work around doesn't work for us. However, the workaround I put above (changing scale when print to pdf) will work for any folks who are not able to use other browsers.

Thank you,

Angie

• MPM
    MPM ✭✭

Hi @Genevieve P. ,

thank you for your replies. Is there currently a solution in work, so that its possible again to use Smartsheet and pdf with chrome , or opera etc. ?

we have the same problem like @AngieChristophersen , and do not use Safari in our company

Thank you

Thilo

• MPM
    MPM ✭✭

@MPB do you also still have the same problem ?

• MPM
    MPM ✭✭

@Willing Felicia do you also have the same problem ?

• Just tried to export my monthly report in PDF and got the same issue.

Is really frustrating and seems like a problem that can be easily fixed from the side of Smartsheet @Genevieve P.

Please take a look at the issue!

• Hi @Alex_124578 and @MPM

This specific occurrence was resolved in December. If you're having issues printing a Dashboard to PDF, please contact Support via the Support Portal, including a video recording of what you're seeing and information on the browsers you've tried.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• MPM
    MPM ✭✭

@Genevieve P. ,

Hey Genevieve,

Thank you for answer. But the occurence ist not resolved. We continue to have the same problem.

Greets

T