When 'Linking from Cells in other Sheets...', the first two columns are always blank.

heyjay
heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/19/22 in Smartsheet Basics

We are trying to link rows from other sheets, row per row, by clicking the row number to add the entire row. This only happens on a specific source sheet but not on all rows and not every time.

I can add multiple rows from Sheet A no issue. But when adding rows from Sheet B (problematic), it will sometime add all rows but sometimes it will not capture the first 2 columns and just show blank,(pic related).

This happened last week, I thought it was a glitched, so I let is pass. Today, its still happening. I even asked someone else to add/link the same rows from Sheet B and got the same results.

Any idea?

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@heyjay

What is your access level on Sheet B? Owner, Admin, or Editor?

Is someone hiding those two columns on Sheet B?

Are the column types for those two columns the same between both sheets (Sheet B as the source, and whatever your destination sheet is?) What are the column types and does the data conform to those types?

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/19/22

What is your access level on Sheet B? Owner, Admin, or Editor? Admin.

Is someone hiding those two columns on Sheet B? No.

Are the column types for those two columns the same between both sheets (Sheet B as the source, and whatever your destination sheet is?) Yes. What are the column types and does the data conform to those types? Text/Number.

I just tried again and looks like smartsheet just removed the columns. I dont have any automation or formula added for this one.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @heyjay

Is it possible you have a Clear Cell Workflow that's being triggered by something else happening on that row? Can you post a screen capture of what your Workflow page looks like for this sheet?

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, you guys are awesome. There was a workflow buried under the tens or other flows that clears the cell.