Automation: how to change checkbox column to "N/A"

Hello!

We have a checkbox column that is labeled "Expedite?" that is only relevant to certain item types. I was hoping there would be a way to create an automation that would change the checkbox to "N/A" or "---" or something for items this checkbox is not relevant for, based on a column titled "item type". I've tried making the column unrestricted, but my only options in automation for "change value of cell" is "checked" or "unchecked."

Any ideas? Thanks!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @AndrewJames

Yes, you can use the Change Cell workflow for this! Even though the only two options that appear in the dropdown are "checked" or "unchecked", you can type a new value into that field in the Workflow to identify something else:

After typing it in, click the "add new" dropdown option that's come up. This will allow you to enter a text value into a checkbox column using a workflow!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @AndrewJames

Yes, you can use the Change Cell workflow for this! Even though the only two options that appear in the dropdown are "checked" or "unchecked", you can type a new value into that field in the Workflow to identify something else:

After typing it in, click the "add new" dropdown option that's come up. This will allow you to enter a text value into a checkbox column using a workflow!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thank you, this worked perfectly!