Why as the sheet owner am I only able to view my own sheet on the mobile app?

david.frye93336
edited 12/20/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I created a sheet on my PC and can access it on my personal phone (Android), but when I attempt to access it from a company device (Android phone), it is view only.

This is significant because we are rolling out a system that uses Smartsheet on handheld devices, but if it is view only,

it is worthless.

See the images below.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Answers

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@david.frye93336 The issue is most likely a sharing or ownership issue (I'm sure that was your conclusion).

Have you looked at the properties of the sheet? Was the sheet shared to your corporate email account?

When you are using the corporate device, how do you log into SmartSheet? Are you in the same account as the one in which the sheet exists?

(My experience is that SmartSheet is definitely read/write capable from a smartphone.)

dm

• Thank you, Dale for the reply.

Here are the answers to your questions:

Have you looked at the properties of the sheet? - Not sure what that means. Can you please elaborate?

Was the sheet shared to your corporate email account? - I am the owner of the sheet. The first embedded image in the original question shows sharing permissions with me at the top as owner.

When you are using the corporate device, how do you log into SmartSheet? - I login with my login and password, which are the same as what I would do on my PC.

Are you in the same account as the one in which the sheet exists? - Yes

Thanks again.

• smartin
    smartin ✭✭✭

Was this resolved? I am having this same issue on an Android phone. The sheet permissions are set to "Admin" and can edit the sheet on the pc, but only view only from the phone.

• Nope - no answer.

Had to switch to a completely different device