How to remove all indent/outdents from a sheet

Hi! I copied an existing sheet to use as a template for a new project, however I cannot remove the indenting/outdenting from the original sheet in the primary column. Is there a way to undo or remove the formatting so that I can redo it to accommodate my new content?

Answers

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@rachel.g If all you want is the structure of the sheet (the columns) and not the rows, just delete all the rows. In fact, when you "Save as New" to create the new project you can NOT create any rows at all but still get the identical column structure. Just un-select all the Data & Formatting Options.

dm

• Thanks @Dale Murphy ! Just to clarify, there is no way to remove the indentation formatting once the sheet has been copied? I already started filling things out and would like to avoid duplicate work if possible!

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@rachel.g If the indenting is the type of indenting SmartSheet uses to create a hierarchy of tasks, then you need to select the most-indented rows and push them out:

You should be able to outdent all rows to the leftmost level, creating a flat plan. But you cannot select all rows, at various levels of indentation, and do that. If you select them all, you will only be able to outdent until one row reaches that leftmost level.

So, yes you can remove the indenting, but it will take a bit of work depending on how many rows you have.

dm