Why does my Column Properties display "blurry"?

When I click to edit one of my column properties is displays blurry while the rest of my column properties do not. Could this indicate an error? See attached screen not.

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just looks like a glitch. Maybe try deleting the column and re-entering it to see if that fixes it.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• Thanks I'll try the deletion then re-creation

• Deleting and rebuilding the column didnt work

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is it affecting your sheet's functionality? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. If it is affecting its functionality, I would submit a ticket to Smartsheet support as that is an issue I don't think the community could help with on fixing.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• snowmeiser
    snowmeiser ✭✭✭

Have same problem here. Very annoying. Fix this!

• H Brian
    H Brian ✭✭✭

I am having the same issue on multiple sheets as well.

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/30/23

I, too, have the same issue… This ONLY occurs in the Desktop application for me, though. Firefox, Chrome, Brave, Edge and Opera have no display issues with these types of dropdown columns, but your desktop app will still be blurry weather we remove/add it or not. All my drivers to the monitors were uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared all display setting cache as well as removing all old setting files that the computer automatically creates/stores etc… to rule out any/all properties associated with my equipment, drivers, graphics etc…

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled your program as well as forcing my high-end graphics computer (2021 - Win 11) to force"High Performance" to both the Desktop and Browsers to rule that out as well, and still your desktop app can't focus on these columns.

PLEASE FIX THIS, or I have NO USE for your Desktop Program.....😡

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Julie Becker @H Brian @snowmeiser

I hope you're well and safe!

Double-check so you're not zoomed in or similar. I've seen this kind of issue before when that was the issue.

Was that the issue in your case?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå Thanks for responding. Yes, i did rule out those basic operator error issues before posting this (to avoid looking like an idiot haha), but it did it on all viewing setups… Below are a few that were tested on 3 different operating systems

#1. 2021 Dell Laptop with a high-end docking station using 3 SCEPTRE 1920x1080 Monitors: All the browsers worked as i mentioned using views as low as 50% up to 150%, but the desktop only got clear once I got past 100% (which is not ideal for most of us who use these with Gantt graphs or tons of columns

#2. 2022 HP Laptop with a high-end docking station using 1 36" TV and a 60" TV with the same results mentioned on the 1st one

#3. 2021 Mac Laptop with its docking station using a 34" Dell Curved Monitor with 144Hz Refresh Rate, WQHD (3440 x 1440) and that setup did the same as mentioned in #1.

This is why i am leaning towards a software issue within the app and not the settings the users have.

So to wrap this response up, basically the only way to use the desktop app with drop down columns is to have it at least 100% or more, which is ridiculous.

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Julie Becker

Happy to help!

I noticed some other systems have/had similar issues, but hopefully, the Smartsheet team can solve it quickly now.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• snowmeiser
    snowmeiser ✭✭✭

I have my screen at 110% and it's blurry. Reduced to 100% and it's not blurry. Please fix this asap.

At least we have a workaround. However, I agree - ridiculous!