I've been searching for a way to make the bottom scroll bar show, it vanishes unless I scroll down.

I did a search and it seems like people were having problems in 2018 - 2020, but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer. I am using chrome, I cannot remove extensions as they are managed by my organization. Any suggestions on how to "pin" the scrollbar so it shows all the time? The vertical one shows all the time, why can't the horizontal one show too?

Answers

• Michael Culley
    Michael Culley ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had that issue also. The best way to work around it is to use SHIFT + mouse scroll to move left and right. I agree it's very frustrating and not sure why it happens on some sheets.

• PeggyLang
    PeggyLang ✭✭✭✭✭

@Michael Culley

I am also experiencing this issue - quite frustrating - but not as much now that you have given me an option. THANK YOU!!!!

• I am experiencing the same thing. In chrome if I minimize the tab and then maximize in it's own instance (without any other tabs open) it comes back. I don't see it at all in Firefox.

• KCI
    KCI ✭✭✭

Maybe this is related to browser zoom? I just fixed mine (I go from Mac to PC and back in SS) - always see scroll bars on mac - not PC. On PC I set my chrome zoom below 100% - for me 90%) and bottom scroll bar appears. I do notice on PC when sheet is filtered, side scrollbar goes away- not really bothersome given the filter.:)

• Mary Wall
    Mary Wall ✭✭✭

KCI - you hit the nail on the head. I have my screens set up to zoom so i have to reduce to 70% for the bar to show up.

• Laura Bartlett
    Laura Bartlett ✭✭✭✭

I am glad this is not just a me issue. It seems like a bug, has anyone reported it?

• _NC_
    _NC_ ✭✭

Just commenting to say I was having an issue today (in Chrome) with it disappearing constantly. It would come back if I refreshed the tab, but then would disappear again the first time I clicked anything. Closing the tab and getting a new one entirely seems to have fixed it for now.

Also a variation of Shelley Amator's suggestion about min/maxing the tab. What worked for me, even with lots of other tabs, was using the restore down button (the 2 diagonally overlapping squares button in between the minimize and close buttons). Click that to shrink the window and again to put it back to full screen, and voila the horizontal scroll bar was back.

• Also having this issue.

Only way to see the bar is to zoom out then back in again.