PMO Project Intake Sheet

All,

I was being dumb and I deleted the first row of the PMO Project Intake sheet that has the titles to the columns...Project ID, Project Name....now my Project Metadata has #ref all over the place. I can't copy and re-past the fields back in, because the Project ID field is a protected field. Is there an easy fix for me or do I have to redo the intake sheet and all the Project Metadata lookup fields? I have quite a few projects. Thanks

Best Answers

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    edited 01/03/23 Answer ✓

@chooley If you are getting #REF I believe you will unfortunately have to redo everything. I don't quite understand how your intake sheet is set up but definitely lock that row too when you are done.

If by "Project ID is a protected field" you mean that column is an autonumber system column... you could change the column type to text, put in the project numbers you want for whatever row, and then change it back to an auto number. It will keep the number you entered and continue where it left off (you might have to tell it which number to start at when you switch it back). However this won't fix your #REF problem.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @chooley

I hope you're well and safe!

If you turn off the Autonumbering and then add a new row at the top with the information manually or use the Request Snapshot feature to paste the information back on that new row, it should work (I think).

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    edited 01/03/23 Answer ✓

@chooley If you are getting #REF I believe you will unfortunately have to redo everything. I don't quite understand how your intake sheet is set up but definitely lock that row too when you are done.

If by "Project ID is a protected field" you mean that column is an autonumber system column... you could change the column type to text, put in the project numbers you want for whatever row, and then change it back to an auto number. It will keep the number you entered and continue where it left off (you might have to tell it which number to start at when you switch it back). However this won't fix your #REF problem.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @chooley

I hope you're well and safe!

If you turn off the Autonumbering and then add a new row at the top with the information manually or use the Request Snapshot feature to paste the information back on that new row, it should work (I think).

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy New Year!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andree,

Thanks that helped the first part.

Samuel,

Thanks, I think you are correct. I will lock that field this next time. :)

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@chooley

Excellent!

Happy to help!