Cell-linked dates do not go away when deleted from source sheet

I'm curious if others have found a solution to an issue I experienced today when linking cells. I had a date from one sheet (Schedule) feeding a second sheet as an inbound link. I deleted the date on the Schedule, but it did not delete on the second sheet. Are there any suggestions to resolve this issue without having to delete the link on the second sheet as well?

Thanks for any ideas you may have!

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like there may have just been a delay in syncing the two sheets.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• kshah
    kshah ✭✭

Thanks for the response Paul. After 1 week, the deleted cell still shows up as a date in the inbound link. At present, the only solution is to delete the link rather than the date, but wondered if there was another option to get rid of the date of the inbound link when the date is just deleted on the primary sheet.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you reached out to Support about it? That is not typical behavior for cell links. Usually deleting it on the source sheet removes the data from the target sheet since it is supposed to be a direct link.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com