Getting an Accurate Date/Time Field

Hello All,

My Date/Time fields seem to be recording a timestamp that is always two hours before I submitted the report. This is happening across several devices and is always exactly two hours behind.

Does anyone have any advice/workarounds? This feels like it might be a bug so I thought I would reach out.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Schwill

What time zone do you have set under your Personal Settings? Does it match your computer system time?

Are you the owner of the sheet/report or just an Admin? If you're not the sheet owner, is the sheet owner's time zone setting the same as yours?

What happens when you save, close, and reopen the report? Any change to those timestamps? What does the Activity Log on the underlying sheet say?

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Schwill

What time zone do you have set under your Personal Settings? Does it match your computer system time?

Are you the owner of the sheet/report or just an Admin? If you're not the sheet owner, is the sheet owner's time zone setting the same as yours?

What happens when you save, close, and reopen the report? Any change to those timestamps? What does the Activity Log on the underlying sheet say?

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!