Calculating Average Submissions Per Day Formula

I cannot figure out what formula to use, and what rows to use in order to calculate how many submissions a day I receive on my sheet. Does anyone have examples of how they've calculated. I have the following date-related columns:

Created Date

Due Date

Date Completed

Days to Complete (a formula using the due date & date added columns)

Thanks!

Answers

• Brooke Y
    Brooke Y ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried grouping by Count by Created Date? or using a sheet summary to average by created date count?

• Sam Clapp
    Sam Clapp ✭✭✭

I'm not sure how to do grouping outside of reports, is that a feature? I do utilize the sheet summary--but I'm not sure which columns to leverage in order to get that "Average submissions per day" number.

• Vince Darrigo
    Vince Darrigo ✭✭✭✭

@Sam Clapp I don't know if this helps with what you're trying to do but I thought it might.

=COUNT([Absence Date]:[Absence Date]) / COUNT(DISTINCT([Absence Date]:[Absence Date]))

In my example sheet here I have 4944 entries/submissions, on 35 different days (used DISTINCT in the formula so I can count the days to divide the submissions by). 4944 (first half of formula) divided by 35 (second half of formula) comes out to 141.25 submissions per day.

You should be able to replace Absence Date with Created Date in the above formula and have your average. I hope this helps!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!