Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Return a date value that is the 1st day of the month, depending on what month we are in today.

LouSnz
LouSnz
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I need to create a formula that if a checkbox column is blank, then a date is entered into a Start Date column which is the first of the month of todays month date.

The checkbox column is checking if the row was created in 'This month'.

So if a row was created on 3rd April 2016 for example 3/4/2016, the checkbox would be blank, and as we are in the month of June, I need the date 1/6/16 to be entered in the Start Date column.

If we were currently in the month of July - ie if todays date was 10th July 2016, then the date in the Start Date column would be 1st July 2016 1/7/2016 and so on as Today's date changes.

Appreciate any help please!!

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

LouSnz,

If your Start Date is the date in the Project Dependencies, it won't accept a formula.

To put that functionality into a date column you can add a formula to, however, read on.

I'm assuming you already have the check box working and the Created System Column shown. If you need help with that, please say so.

For the check box column named CheckMonth, row 23:

=IF(CheckMonth23, "something", DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(TODAY()), 1))

This will display "something" when the checkbox is checked.

I hope this helps.

Craig

• Thank you so much!!!

This discussion has been closed.