IF function 100% Complete

Options
mmac
mmac ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out using a symbol column type, once the visual symbol of a checkmark is selected, to then have the % complete column populate "100%". I can't seem to figure out the correct function to apply to all cells under the symbol column to automate this action.

Any help on accomplishing this is greatly appreciated!

Capture.PNG

Tags:

Comments

• JoeC.
    Options

Each symbol is associated with a word, so you can just check for that value in your formula.

Therefore, your formula in the % Complete column would like:

=IF(Status@row = "Yes", "100%")

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If your % Complete column is formatted as percentages, use the formula above but change "100%" to 1 (no quotes).

• mmac
    mmac ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the help! That formula worked perfectly. However, it does not seem to work if I have the % Complete column enabled under dependency settings. Is it possible to keep the percentages of tasks complete rolled up under the parent rows, still having the dependency settings in place, but also be able to have the percentage change to 100% once the status is set to Yes?

Capture.PNG

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/26/18
    Options

You cannot put formulas in the parent rows of any columns used for your dependencies. The parent rows are automatically set as a summary, but the child rows can only contain percentages.

You would have to select None as your % Complete dependency column and use the formulas already provided for the child rows. You would then use an AVG function in the parent rows to have them contain a summary of all subtasks.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!